The Decibel ScorePlayer is an ipad application that enables network-synchronised scrolling of proportional colour music scores on multiple tablet computers. This is designed to facilitate the reading of scores featuring predominantly graphic notation in rehearsal and performance, and can be used in the creation of new works, as well as the interpretation of existing works.
It now has a new Score Creator and upgraded version of the Decibel ScorePlayer with – embedded audio! You can play this out of the ipad headphone jack for line level audio.
Great for scores that need a ‘tape’ or ‘fixed media’ part.
Get the ScoreCreator – a free desktop app to make the score files the Score Player needs, and get the upgraded ScorePlayer here.
Key Features in V1.4.1
- Five scores built in, created by composers in the Decibel new music ensemble, Cat Hope and Lindsay Vickery.
- Ability to change speed of the piece.
- Easy to use slider to move to different parts of the piece for rehearsal purposes.
- View full score or individual parts on different iPads.
- Embed audio into the score file, which can be played out of the iPads line level 3.5mm audio jack **new**
- Uses the tablets own network capabilities for easy Wi Fi connection – hop on to any available network and synch multiple ipads.
- Easy network check to see who is on the network.
- Modular structure enables easy updates, with recent updates to include more scores, upload facilities, shuffle function, audio output and OSC communication.
- an instruction panel for each piece to assist decoding graphic notations, as well as easy to use instructions on uploading your own scores.